Monday, February 24, 2014

Law Man (Dream Man #3) by Kristen Ashley

As much as I love romance novels, especially the smutty ones, I've never been tempted to be silly over the men the graced their pages, or their covers. Though, if I were to be tempted,  I think the men of the Dream Man series would probably tempt me the most.

Law Man is book 3 in the series. Mitch Lawson has appeared in each book since the beginning, and has always been represented as a really good guy. How can you not route for a sexy, good guy to find a women of his own? I have since the very beginning, and book 3 is his story. I was happy to see that he found someone that fit him, though no one could have predicted the handful that came with her.

The women that float through from book to book also keep bringing me back to this story. Mostly it's Elvira, but she just wouldn't be the same without the others. She is just so unrepentantly nosey while at the same time loyal, wise and cunning that you can't help but love her.

Panty Scale: 2 (disappointing, I would have liked to have seen more sexiness with the law man.)   

     "I was... I was... made for you?"
     "I'm a cop for a reason,  honey."     
     "So you were made to save me," I guessed, not sure I liked that.
      "No, I was made to protect you, and you were made in a way that it would always be worth the effort."

Synopsis:
Sweet, shy Mara Hanover is in love with her neighbor. For four years, she has secretly watched her dream man from afar. Handsome police detective Mitch Lawson is way out of her league. She's a girl from the wrong side of the tracks, and there's no way a guy like Mitch would want anything to do with her. But when Mara has a leaky faucet that she can't fix, it's Mitch who comes to her rescue.

Mitch has been eyeing his beautiful neighbor for a long time. He jumps at the chance to help her, and soon their formerly platonic relationship gets very hot and heavy. But when Mara gets a disturbing phone call from her cousin's kids, she gets pulled back into the life she's tried so hard to leave behind. Can the hot law man convince Mara to let go of her past-and build a future with him?


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment